How do I obtain a credit card with no credit history?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards How do I obtain a credit card with no credit history?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I have been denied by several banks because of no credit history. I tried to apply for a card at Public Savings Bank, which is especially for people with bad or no credit. Even they couldn’t give me one, because they couldn’t verify my SSN! Has anyone else ever experienced this?
    I left the States when I was 7, and came back 2 years ago, I am now 22. Could it be that because I was out of the country they have no information?
    Please help me! I don’t know what to do.

Anonymous

You have no history. Every lender is waiting for someone else to go first.

Go back to your local bank and ask what they charge for a SECURED card. You put $500 in a restricted account and they give you a credit card with a limit of $500. At the end of 1-2 years, you can have the savings account back.

Anonymous

There are special credit cards which can help you build credit. Try going to like visa or mastercards websites or like citibank and they can help you choose the card that is right for you

Anonymous

You can still be approved. Call the customer service center at 215-344-8145 and explain the situation. If you can prove your SSN, you will be approved.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password