How do I improve my credit score from ‘Good’ to ‘Excellent’?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improving Your Credit Score How do I improve my credit score from ‘Good’ to ‘Excellent’?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I want to purchase a property with my husband early next year. I have a ‘good’ rating credit score, always pay my credit card in full each month, registered on electrol roll etc etc

I was wondering what can help improve my credit score?

I was first thinking of upgrading my credit card from Barclaycard Gold to Barclarycard platinum but I just read an article on moneysavingexpert saying that you may get problems getting another credit card if already with them…

I could apply for MBNA Platinum or Virgin but I don’t want to get rejected by them as it will leave a bad footprint on my credit report.

I have done a rough check on moneysavingexpert and those cards were recommended to me but I’m scared to make my score bad.

Any other tips that can improve it to ‘Excellent’ level. I am doing this (a) to get a better mortgage and (b) as my husband’s credit score is ‘fair’ and still needs to be worked on so I need good points on mine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password