How Do I Get A Tax Lien Removed From My Credit Report(s)?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit How Do I Get A Tax Lien Removed From My Credit Report(s)?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  davefollmer 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

davefollmer
    Participant

Hi, I am a 24 year old working to pay off my student loans and rebuilding my credit. My score was increasing every month when all of a sudden it dropped by 50-60 pts which prompted me to pull my credit reports. The state of Georgia mistakently filed a lien against me when it was just supposed to be my dad. My dad went and talked to the Department of Revenue and they agreed it was a mistake and gave me a letter with my name and social security number saying I was not listed as a responsible party on my dad’s business.
    My question now is what do I do with it? Mail it to the three credit beureaus? Can I do all of this online? I want to get these things off of my credit report as I will be applying to new jobs soon and my field is ironically finance and insurance and more and more companies are checking credit reports before hiring employees.
    How long is this process typically? It’s just a state tax lien against a business if that makes a difference
    Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password