How can I survive in a man's world?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Debt Management How can I survive in a man's world?

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m 22 years old, female, petite… Why is that important? Well, I am a financial planner… I have my mutual funds license and life insurance license, I’ve completed my CFP, I’ve worked at a bank for 4years dealing with investments and debt management. I won lots of awards while I was there…. Why is this important?

I just started a job as a financial planner with a company where I work commission and I’m considered self-employed. I have to network to find clients and if I don’t get referrals I have to go out and talk to people. Because of the way I look I get hit on a lot. I have considered getting glasses, I am short and because of that I prefer skirt suits over pants suits…. What I’m trying to say is that a lot of the male clients or prospects hit on me or think I’m hitting on them. Today I had a client and all he did was laugh through the review and hit on me. I was so angry and frustrated!!!

He did not take me seriously at all!!!! I don’t know what to do. There’s only so much I can do to change my appearance, because I am also young….

I don’t want to quit this job. I like what I do. I know if people give me the time of day I can help them so much with their finances like I’ve already done for the few clients I have….

Any words of wisdom!? Any advice? Any words of encouragement? Please please be gentle…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password