How can I buy home insurance if I use one room for my business?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home How can I buy home insurance if I use one room for my business?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hello there! I am a freelance web publisher so basically I work from home using my laptop. My husband and I just bought our first home. The other day I was shopping around for home insurance when an agent told me if I run my home business many carriers will mark me as “not eligible” for home insurance. Is this true? How do I get around that? What’s the best home insurance company?

Anonymous

Do you meet clients at your home? Do you have people coming and going throughout the day in relation to your business? If yes, then you may have a problem, but only with restrictions on your policy (ie, possible theft clauses). If you don’t have business related visitors to your property then you really shouldn’t have a problem finding insurance.

Anonymous

Do you meet clients at your home? Do you have people coming and going throughout the day in relation to your business? If yes, then you may have a problem, but only with restrictions on your policy (ie, possible theft clauses). If you don’t have business related visitors to your property then you really shouldn’t have a problem finding insurance.

Anonymous

It ‘Me is correct. I will add that if you don’t have anyone coming to your home home on business I would keep my mouth shut about having a home business. Sorry I can’t offer advice on insurance companies. I live in Florida and our choices are very limited due to hurricane risk. Many top companies offer auto only.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password