Help! Landlord is selling my building. What are my rights?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home Buying a Home in Los Angeles Help! Landlord is selling my building. What are my rights?

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I just learned that my landlord is selling the apartment building I am currently living in. I have been here for years, and am currently on a month to month agreement since my original lease was completed a few years ago. What is bothering me about this is that my landlord didn’t notify me or anyone else in the building that it was being sold – we were just informed that inspectors would be coming by last week (we were told they were insurance inspectors). My neighbor got curious, and found the listing for our building online. If she hadn’t, we would have no idea that any of this was going on. So, needless to say, I’m more than a little surprised and concerned. Has anyone had experience with this before? What do I need to know in order to protect myself? Am I just out of luck because my agreement is month to month? Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password