Got myFICO score…no more FAKO. Now I need a plan of action

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Got myFICO score…no more FAKO. Now I need a plan of action

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  davefollmer 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

davefollmer
    Participant

Looks even worse typing it.* * Onward and upward I guess, right?

Anyway,*there have been a couple of recent changes not showing up on CR yet.* 1st and 2nd mortgages were 60 days late are now current (and will be going forward due to me setting up online bill pay).* I also settled on a collections account from CitiBank (Home Depot) that they refused to PFD on.* I just wanted it to be over and done with.* I was an authorized user only on the card.* The card never went more than 120 days late but was charged off anyway.* Also, I have a ~$400 Sears account and ~$336 Macy’s account that will be paid in full within the next 3 months (these are current with good history).* I have 2 other cards – a Visa and Discover – with higher balances (over 5K each), but they are always current and I will continue to pay them down.* We also got 60 days late on our mortgage 2 years ago, and on EQ it is showing a repossession/foreclosure, although obvisouly we are still here and are current on the same loan.* I have disputed this and hoping this will get changed to a 60 days late.

So I guess my questions to the experts are:

1)* Assuming mortgage and all bills are paid on time, the collection updates to paid as agreed, and the other 2 cards show 0 balances – what kind of movement on this score can I expect in 6 months time?

2)* I would like to purchase a car in December.* We are maxed out with space with our children and need more space.* I cannot qualify for anything decent right now.* We bought a Ford Edge last year and got 1.9 financing through Ford (but have also had perfect payment history with Ford for 15 years).* I do not want a Ford however, because the only option they have is the Expedition which is a gas guzzler and we’ve already had one of those.* I’d rather do something like a Buick Enclave, Chevy Traverse new-to-me low mileage used car. I’d rather have something that doesn’t drive like a truck * We have recently opened a savings account through my husband’s credit union, so might this be the bext option for me, assuming I can qualify?

3)* I have a Capital One card with a 30 and 60 day late showing from Nov/Dec 2004.* Is this even worth messing with?* It was NOT late, but I just found out about this recently that it was reported as late.* The account is paid in full with a 0 balance.

FYI…my income is 44K a year any my husband’s is 165K.* We’ve both*been at our current jobs and address for over 5 years. *His credit is about the same as mine due to the fact that he never paid bills on time.* That is all behind us now since I have taken over the finances.* It is embarrassing making this kind of money and struggling to even buy a 25K used car

Any insight you have will be greatly appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password