Getting a credit card. What are the best deals around?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Getting a credit card. What are the best deals around?

Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi. I need to get a credit card with a limit of about ?1000. What would you go for at the minute? I’ve checked these comparison sites and they’re frankly very confusing. UK only please. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
      Inactive

use a debit card you can get stung using credit cards only spend what you can afford to spend

Anonymous
      Inactive

Start with your own bank, mine gave me the best deal.Lloydstsb.

Anonymous
      Inactive

the best thing to do with a credit card is cut it into two. There’s nothing wrong with paying things by cash, and if you haven’t got enough then it’s best to go with out. At least you won’t have interest added on, and in no time at all, you find yourself with a balance you aren’t able to pay back and bad credit against your name.

Anonymous
      Inactive

go to amazon.co.uk and choose something when it come to the checkout page it will bring there credit card offer ….
      which you can do on-line and earn ?15 credit to spend at there(amazon product that they sell) on line store that’s !!!
      and comes with interest free option can be done on line and within 2 minutes accepted and they post the paper work for you to sign then when you return it they forward your c/card..
      you have ?15 to spend immediately…

Anonymous
      Inactive

What are your requirements?

If you fail to pay your card off on time every month then you want with a low interest rate. If you already owe money to a credit card, it may cheaper to go for a low interets rate on balance transfer (although you will get hit with a 2.5% transfer fee). Both of these assume, you fail to pay your credit card off in full every month.

If using abroad, you are limited to Nationwide Visa credit card or Post Office Mastercard.

Are you after loyalty points and if so, which ones: moneyback, reward points, airmiles?

Do you wnat to give money to charity?

If you’re not in debt, have no intention to use it abroad, or have need of loyalty points, the criteria is then solely based on two things:
      1) the maximum number of days you get for interest free credit;
      2) the credit card issuer you feel most comfortable with.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The only advise I can give you about a credit card is DON’T ….. They are more trouble than they are worth.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Grant,

Some of the responses have merit and obviously, if you can wait then you should and pay with cash. I do not know your circumstances though.

Given this, credit cards can be a very effective way of building up your credit score and can provide a host of benefits when used to purchase items (extended warranties etc). Not to mention the added security that you get from purchasing online and use overseas.

If you are looking for a credit card to move debts on to then you need a card that has 0% interest.Check the small print with regards to transfers from your card in the future as if you plan to keep moving the debt then some providers may charge you.

If you intend to pay the balance in full each month then you are fortunate enough to be in a position where you can match the various benefits to your needs. I love the fact that i get extended warranties on all electrical items purchased with my RBS card. Others may look for cash back – American Express offer this amongst others.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Grant,

Some of the responses have merit and obviously, if you can wait then you should and pay with cash. I do not know your circumstances though.

Given this, credit cards can be a very effective way of building up your credit score and can provide a host of benefits when used to purchase items (extended warranties etc). Not to mention the added security that you get from purchasing online and use overseas.

If you are looking for a credit card to move debts on to then you need a card that has 0% interest.Check the small print with regards to transfers from your card in the future as if you plan to keep moving the debt then some providers may charge you.

If you intend to pay the balance in full each month then you are fortunate enough to be in a position where you can match the various benefits to your needs. I love the fact that i get extended warranties on all electrical items purchased with my RBS card. Others may look for cash back – American Express offer this amongst others.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password