For secured cards, does the account balance go back to the original limit…

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards For secured cards, does the account balance go back to the original limit…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

…after you pay the bill? I’m still new to these cards so, I was just wondering. I had a $200 limit on my secured card and I spent a little more then half the first month and just paid off the whole bill. I was wondering, for this new month, is my limit again $200 or the difference between 200 and what I spent? Thanks!

Anonymous

After your payment is processed, your original limit is restored. FYI, try not to use anymore than that at any time. Ideally you would use less than 10% of the limit. You only lose a few points going to 30% of the limit. But as you go higher and higher, you lose more points on your credit score. You get them back when you pay it off. But it’s a good habit to get into, to try not to use much of the limit. For now maybe that means you buy a tank of gas each month and pay it off. Good luck!

Anonymous

Your limit will be $200 again.
    Please continue to pay for what you use in full each month.
    This is the best way to keep your credit and your scores in perfect shape.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password