does anyone think the government should give americans a pass on their credit scores?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improving Your Credit Score does anyone think the government should give americans a pass on their credit scores?

Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

give americans with steady employment a pass on their credit scores to help get loans that could stimulate the economy instead of billions to banks that are pocketing the money. come on people we need to have a voice!

Anonymous
      Inactive

What we need is TAX CUTS!!! Tax cuts (across the board) will give ALL people $$ in their pockets!! The billions of $$ given to banks/businesses will only increase taxes AND now we owe CHINA over a trillion $$. Taxing businesses will only add to the businesses burden and the business may not be able to hire more people (job creation) due to the higher taxes.

Did you know that our government is the only ‘business’ that is hiring? But remember, this is what everyone wanted! Bigger government, bigger taxes. So we better be happy with what we have, because this is what WE wanted!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

No, a credit score is a reflection of how well you paid back debtors in the past, and whether or not you can be trusted to pay back more.

I had a credit score in the 400s not long ago, and worked hard to build it up with no help from the government.

Giving people loans that they didn’t have to prove they could repay was the start of the mess we are in.

So, no, it’s not a good idea to repeat those same mistakes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The government has nothing to do with your credit score. This number is nothing more than an evaluation of the amount of risk there is to loaning you money. If credit scores were not used then the people who had maintained a good credit rating would be paying the same (higher) interest rates as the people with poor credit ratings.

Would it be fair to treat the people who have demonstrated sound finacial management and prudence the same as the people who did not?

Anonymous
      Inactive

don’t think the govt should have anything to do with my credit scores or any of my business period!

Anonymous
      Inactive

don’t think the govt should have anything to do with my credit scores or any of my business period!

Anonymous
      Inactive

You can go on line… but you won’t get an accurate quote without talking to someone… believe me.. I tried. I got the best rate when I went through where I had my car insurance.. and because I was keeping my car and home insurance with the same company.. I was given an additional discount. One thing I learned.. and this will vary from individual to individual.. that if I bumped by deductible from $ 500 to $ 1000.. I save almost $ 100.00 a year. The way that I justified the switch.. I probably wouldn’t make a claim for something less that $ 1000.00.. as making a claim would bump my insurance rate anyways…

Good Luck to you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

OK, well, good luck on that. I don’t know of any, as homeowners isn’t quite as straight forward as auto – there are a LOT more questions to ask, and most likely, you don’t know how to calculate the cost to rebuild your home.

I hope you know which endorsements to ask for so that you’re properly covered. Do It Yourself insurance can leave you with more questions than answers.

I do hope you end up BUYING through a local agent, so you can get covered adequately.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In my opinion, any company that will quote you homeowners insurance without inspecting the property will be a non-standard company and will provide you non-standard service. I know you want to have some kind of bargaining tool going into a face-to-face, but I think you’ll be better off in the end to go through a reputable company, and that almost always includes an agent that will inspect your property before making a quote.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password