Debt settlement on my own – Can I make payments?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Debt Management Debt settlement on my own – Can I make payments?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I understand there are tons of companies out there who offer debt settlement programs. Some sound alright, others have been extremely annoying – after the only thing I really wanted was a consultation and some help understanding the program to begin with, they would not leave me alone!!! (Must work off commission). Anyway, I thought about negotiating with my credit card companies on my own, and one agreed (almost) to a 50% reduction. Sorry this is getting so long, but anyway!!!… How the heck do I pay that lump sum at once? When negotiating on your own, can you also request that discounted balance to be payable over a certain amount of months? Or should I just go ahead with a debt settlement company so I can make payments over 2 or 3 years? If I had a huge $ 4000 cash wad (like needed for the debt reduced 50%, which is only 2 of my 5 cards) then I probably wouldn’t have such a financial problem. lol But I don’t have that kind of money all at once up front..so any suggestions!?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password