Dealership have permissible purpose for credit pull?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Dealership have permissible purpose for credit pull?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

In March 2011 I went to a Texas car dealership filled out a credit app and purchased a used car which was financed thru a big well known bank.
    In February 2012 one afternoon I got a phone call from the salesman that sold me that car saying I just wanted to call you about your recent credit app to buy a*car.* I asked who he was and why he was calling me because I had not filled out any apps.* He told me his name and where he worked I then recognized him as he has a very distinctive name.* He then starts in with ohhhh I see you made this app last year I just ran across it…My bad.* Well hows that car working out for you, you know we have some really nice cars on the lot right now you should come take a look.* I told him I wasn’t interested in buying another car I was happy with the one I had gotten.* He then says well don’t you have an older car too?* Yes I do its 5 yrs old with less than 40k miles on it I have no desire to replace it.* He still continued to push for me to come see his cars. I then told him I was not was not wanting to purchase a car, I am not going to come look at any cars do not be pulling my credit.* I then hung up on him.
    Yesterday I pulled all my reports like I do every spring and guess what there is a hard inquiry from this dealership dated 2/21/12 for a car loan.
    Did this dealership have a valid reason to pull my credit this February?**
    Personally I don’t buy his excuse that oh I just ran across your app (that is basically a year old)* I seriously doubt he has paperwork that old laying around on his desk.* I think he was just trying to sell another car.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password