Confused. TU Deleted OC Tradeline But Not CA Tradeline (LVNV-related)

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Confused. TU Deleted OC Tradeline But Not CA Tradeline (LVNV-related)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  davefollmer 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

davefollmer
    Participant

Good evening,

I recently disputed with TransUnion that a trade line on my account be deleted do to be obsolete, along with the collection account that was under the same account number. *Today, I received a confirmation letter that the original trade line from the OC has been deleted, however the CA trade line remains and was listed as verified. *If the CRA deems that the OC is obsolete, wouldn’t the CA logically be obsolete, as well?

Further information about the CA – it is everyone’s favorite bottom feeder, LVNV. *I originally filed a consumer dispute in 2007, which still shows on the TU CR. *Never has TU or the CA provided any sort of validation to me in regards to the debt. *Letters to LVNV had gone unanswered and they have not contacted me in over four years. *Additionally, they show as a Factoring Company on the report, which I see some people say is legitimate, and others say that it is not. *And, true to LVNV’s history, they continue to charge interest on a monthly basis, presumably for the sole consideration of indicating that the account is still active.

On the previous TU report that I have, the DOFD could be seen from the payment history, being April of 2004, which is why I assume that they complied with the request to delete the OC trade line.

I am working up a new letter to TU to address these concerns, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

jf

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password