Can’t max out cards and pay them off every month??? Please explain

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Can’t max out cards and pay them off every month??? Please explain

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I pay off my entire balance every month and wait till my balance is reporting to the CB’s.* So my balance on each statement is about $10.00 for each credit card.

Do you understand this statement below?* I found it on the internet.

Don’t use your whole credit line every month – Your available credit is averaged over your billing cycle, which is sometimes less than 30 days. If your limit is say, $5,000 and you charge $5,000, even if you pay it off each month, your credit balance is still going to show $2,500 (a 50% usage limit), which is going to make your score plunge.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You signed up for a service knowing there is a termination fee. You can not avoid it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you don’t get good reception where you live you can terminate without any fees and have no contract with them.

Anonymous
      Inactive

They pay a lot of money to make sure those binding agreements are sealed tighter than your pants after a big dinner. The only way you can get out of those contracts is if you cease to exist (i.e. die).

Anonymous
      Inactive

Only way is probably if you can’t get service somewhere like home where you used to get it. I hate the cell phone contracts, I also have ATT and I hate them but I have to wait till the end of contract to avoid paying fee. If you have that much time left and you hate it like me just pay the fee and go with pre paid phone or no contract, or just duke it out till the end.

Anonymous
      Inactive

These days you usually get 14 or 30 days after signing up for a new contract to decide if you want to stay with the service. Cancel before that time runs out and they shouldn’t charge you a termination fee. Otherwise, the answer is that you can’t.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Try a cell phone swapping service. They have a smaller fee than your termination fee, but if you put in your phone, you may find someone willing to buy up your contract. THey charge a $ 20 to sign up… below are two services that I know of.

I hope that helps.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m not even gonna read all that! If they have done somehting wrong and you are very disatisfied, call them up and demand to speak to a supervisor, explain your situation, when they don’t help you, get angry, demand to speak to the next person higher up and be angry, telling them what they have done wrong and why you want out of your contract…continue your way up the authority ladder doing this until one actually lets you out of your contract.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You probably can’t get out of paying at least some termination fee. However, back in 2007, AT&T announced that going forward, they would prorate the termination fee based upon time remaining on the contract. Check with AT&T customer service to see if you fall under this offer.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Watch this video. you can use it and they will be forced to let you out of it. video is about 9 minutes long, I found it months ago on DIGG

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password