Can the police seize your property if you buy drugs?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home Can the police seize your property if you buy drugs?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am watching COPS with my dad, and the undercover police are selling dope to people. When they bust the people, the police say they are going to seize the car. Can they keep the car? What are the laws about this related to drugs? and what all can they seize?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Absolutely, You use it in a felony offense, you lose it. PERIOD!!!

You CAN”T buy it back, it’s gone… belongs to the city/state.

It’s called Asset Forfeiture….

Anonymous

wow i was actually watching the same episode as you. And yes they can they can seize anything related to the selling buying or manufacturing of those drugs.

@fresh1, no they do not impound it, they seize it and put a hold on it and you have a certain amount of time to buy it back. Havent you evered wondered where the police get there cars they are selling when they have a police auction? they dont just magically appear!

Anonymous

they impound it because it was used in the crime and they go through it to make sure there are no drugs guns or paraphaneilia in it

Anonymous

they impound it because it was used in the crime and they go through it to make sure there are no drugs guns or paraphaneilia in it

Anonymous

Anonymous

Yes, they keep the car and all other “instruments of criminality”.

For big time criminals, they seize everything they own as the “fruits of criminality” (i.e. bought with illegal money)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password