500 credit score, person files bankruptcy, what is their score afterwards?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit 500 credit score, person files bankruptcy, what is their score afterwards?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

A person has a terrible credit history, their score stays rock bottom lets say 500 after years of not even using credit, due to charge-offs and judgments and they cannot even get credit. They finally file bankruptcy to clear everything and start over, does their score stay at the 500 mark?
    techbankguy – thank you for the detailed answer. Most of the credit blots are due to ex and his gambling problems. I am soooo tired of my credit being forever affected by the past and I am never going to be able to pay off all the old stuff and still keep a roof over the kids heads. We live cheap and I am very frugal.
    techbankguy – thank you for the detailed answer. Most of the credit blots are due to ex and his gambling problems. This has been ongoing for 15 years. I have one credit account that I pay off every single month but my score never goes up because of all the old items that were joint accounts. Things like a car repo and when ex let our house go into foreclosure 2 years after the kids and I moved out. My credit is being forever affected by the past and I am never going to be able to pay off all the old stuff. You are very kind to offer a little hope.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password