1st time buyer and planning on buying a home with KB Homes. I need tips,…

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home 1st time buyer and planning on buying a home with KB Homes. I need tips,…

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

…suggestions, precautions..? Ok I’m a first time home buyer and I’m also in the process of buying a brand new home from KB Homes in Lancaster,CA. The total cost for the home is $137,000 and I have been pre-aproved but I wasn’t told for how much the loanwould be. I was told that my total downpayment would be between $10,000 to $12,000 I have given my information and also just recently gave $3000 to start the process of the paperwork and etc I was also told that if I decide to stop the paper work or just cancel everything I would loose my $3000, but heres what I found “fishy” from them I wasn’t told about programs that they are for 1st time home buyers, loan options,.Now heres were I need help from you guys or tips, suggestions or precautions that I should know or do before signing the closing papers.

1. Is there any possible way that I can bring a RE agent to help me with the closing papers and tell me whats right or not right for me?
      2. Do I have an option to shop for a Loan from another lender besides Countrywide?
      3. Has anyone purchase a home form them and had any bad or good experiences?

Every response, tips, suggestions will be helpful..thankx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m afraid you’re prolly already “Stucco’ed” You shoulda brought the agent w/you on your first visit, they would’ve: 1. qualified for a commish and they could’ve protected YOUR interest not the interest of KB!! 2. offered you an FHA loan 3.5% dn pmt, $4800 instead of $10-12k.

3.made sure your contract had “escape” clauses where you could get your $3k refunded if you dont like this that or the other thing!

4. Steered you toward a slightly “used” home a helluva lot cheaper and prolly w/some improvements already in!!

ALAS!

KB Homes is one of the bottom 10% of the builders. I would NEVER buy a KB house.

Junk. Google them and see all the problems and “fishy” stuff that happens.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have listed a source at that has a free consumer list of credit card companies that issue credit cards to people with bad to no credit to help build your credit score.

Anonymous
      Inactive

what is credit rating anyways? It is a number given to assess and reflect your creditworthiness. Your credit score will be a number valued from 300 to 850. While numerous factors can be attributed towards this rating, your payment and debt history are more important than others.

To start with, you shall need a copy of your credit report. If everything in the reports is good, then you can be rest assured that you will have a good credit score. Getting your credit reports is easy and pain free. Actually you are permitted one free copy of your credit report, every year. Read more about it at:

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Credit Repair System consists of methods that provide relief to various debtors. It consists of number of steps that help you get over your debt, while reestablishing your financial situation. If you have bad credit, you may be aware of the denigrating looks given by the people, making it embarrassing for you. But the truth is everybody experiences bad times, but few are able to overcome the problems faster than the others. Many people, including rich have applied for bankruptcy. So remember you are not unique. Use the steps outlined below to get out of your financial mess.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password