Do we have to carry health ins on our 17 yr old if they are self-supporting & not living at home?

My stepson moved out of his mother’s house & she filed the paper to stop receiving child support from my husband. On the paper it says “Child is self-supporting & the custodial parent has relinquished the child from parental control by express or implied consent.” It does not say he is emancipated. My question is, do we still have to cover him on our insurance till he’s 18? Do we have to pay any non covered medical expenses?

Register New Account
Reset Password