Do all banks/mortgage companies require an ARM (adjustable rate) for properties that have acreage with a home

I purchased a house + buildings on 50 acres 5 years ago and had to take an ARM because they said there was too much land with the house to get a fixed rate mortgage. At the time, the rate wasn’t bad. Now, I am paying over 8.5% and looking into getting a fixed rate mortgage. The local banks are telling me that I have to get an adjustable rate due to the amount of land with the property.

Are there any exceptions to this rule in the mortgage industry? If so, where can I shop for a fixed rate mortgage on Ag zoned property?

Register New Account
Reset Password