Becoming a mortgage broker in california?

Ive done some googling but am still confused. I just about have my real estate sales license which I read is a prerequisite for the mortgage broker license in california. There are some courses online such as the SAFE act loan orignator courses. I called up some of these and talked to the people, but they seemed to only have sales knowledge(trying to sell the course) and couldnt provide the info I was looking for. I dont want to call a mortgage broekr locally either because they could give me misinformation as potential competition.

So I ask….What is the license I should be aiming for to broker loans(FHA etc)? Are there any other requirements?

Do I got this right…..Take the 20- hour Safeact courses and pass the state exam?

Register New Account
Reset Password