Re-aging an account

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Re-aging an account

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

I searched the board for information on this, but all I could find was info on when a creditor illegally re-ages an account. I want to know about creditors re-aging to remove the late pays from your credit report. Here is my situation.

In February of 2009, my wife lost her job so we went to a Consumer Credit Counseling organization and got on a debt management plan. The CCCS negotiated with all my creditors and they lowered interest rates, waived late payment fee’s, etc. Everything was great and we were paying down our debt. I just checked my credit this week and I see that Sears/Citibank has been showing me as 30 days late for the past 6 months, and 60 days late for the 15 months before that! I was shocked, because all of my other creditors show a perfect payment history of the past 2 years, even another Citibank card that I have. Obviously, this is destroying my credit, so I contact them. They told me they could not change how the account has been reported because their hand were tied due to “Federal Law”. She did not quote any statutes.

My questions is, is this true or can they re-age the account if they wanted to? What should my next steps be? I’m frustrated because I have worked hard to pay back everything I owe and I’m still getting screwed.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Anonymous
      Inactive
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password