Asking for reductions of Penalty APRs?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Asking for reductions of Penalty APRs?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I currently have three cards with penalty ADRs from a few lates I had two years back

Barclays iTunes Juniper – $0 balance, 29.99% APR, CL $2,750 (recently raised from $750)

Citibank Platinum – $$1,365 balance, 29.99% APR, CL $4,050 (currently paying down using Citi Payment Parnet Program and receiving statement credit for interest charged; balance was at $4,050)

Bank of America “Gold” – $0 BALANCE, 29.99% apr, CL $500 (CL was lowered in 2009 from ~$2,000, I currently use the card for recurring bills like newspaper subscriptions and PIF)

I don’t really care about the Gold card but I would like to get the Barclays and Citi APRs reduced.

1) Does asking for an APR reduction lead to a hard pull?

2) For Citi, should I wait until the card comes out of payment partner (1 more month)

3) It it best to threaten a balance transfer (I can transfer the Citi balance to Discover or Chase at 0% APR)

I’m assuming I have the best chance with Barclays given they just raise my CL by $2,000. Should I also ask for a product change to something like Virgin Americas?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password