Can you buy a home if you owe your ex spouse money for child support?

Deal Score0

My boyfriend and i are trying to buy a home, but before we buy one, I want to know if because he owes his wife past due money on child support, not on his current child support, but for 1999, if that can effect our loan, like if we can lose the house or if like she can have a lien put on it? And if so does it mean we lose the house?

  1. Reply
    August 4, 2011 at 3:28 am

    Does she have a judgement filed against him? If so, this could hinder you getting a loan until it’s paid. You would do best to check with an attorney. Check out this website for free attorney advice.

  2. Reply
    August 4, 2011 at 3:49 am

    How can he afford a house if he can’t take care of his current responsibilities?

    Get the child support caught up and then try to buy a home.

  3. Reply
    August 4, 2011 at 4:04 am

    I doubt any lender will give him a loan under those circumstances.

  4. Reply
    Pastor Art (((SFECU)))
    August 4, 2011 at 4:44 am

    Why would you want to buy a house with such a loser?

    Doesn’t the fact that he he’s paying or behind in paying children support to two different women tell you something?

  5. Reply
    August 4, 2011 at 5:20 am

    Home loans for people with bad credit offer a solution for people who may find it difficult to get loans on account of poor credit ratings. There are many people who cherish a desire of owning their dream house – and these dreams can now be realized using these mortgage schemes that are targeted at people with poor credit ratings. Today, you can find many lenders and financial institutions that are willing to give these kind of loans.

  6. Reply
    Expert Realtor
    August 4, 2011 at 5:31 am

    If it’s on your credit report?

    Nope…it’s an automatic loan denial.

    I have never seen an exception.

    But it’s ONLY if it’s on his credit report.

    If he has court-ordered child support, he will be required to disclose that on the loan application and provide a copy of the agreement to the bank.

  7. Reply
    P.I.T.A. -but not what you think
    August 4, 2011 at 5:59 am

    It shows up as a non-dischargeable debt on his credit, so it can affect get any type of loan. He needs to get it paid up as it’s also collecting interest penalties as high as 10% compounded interest and there’s no statute of limitations on collect.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password