Am I eligible for HUD housing (by myself) if I’ve filed for divorce and I have a joint mortgage with my spouse?

Deal Score0

If so, what evidence do I need to bring with me to the interview (which is tomorrow)? I’m under the assumption that I need my social security card and bank statements. Do I need to show proof of the mortgage and my spouse’s wages as well? Any guidance would be appreciated.

  1. Reply
    August 2, 2011 at 4:48 am

    You should have asked what to bring when you were given the interview appointment. Find out now.

    How long have you waited for the appointment and you don’t even know what to do to prepare???

  2. Reply
    My Take on It
    August 2, 2011 at 4:50 am

    Call your caseworker and ask what you need to bring.
    You may have a hard time getting a place being you technically own a house with your soon to be ex. They may figure you should sell the asset and support yourself on that.

    Also, if you do not have any kids, it will be hard for you to get housing.

  3. Reply
    August 2, 2011 at 5:44 am

    As a property owner you are not eligible for HUD housing. Even if you weren’t an owner, unless you are disabled you will not get housing without having children to support, you are perfectly capable of supporting yourself.

  4. Reply
    August 2, 2011 at 6:30 am

    If you have a mortgage on a home, you are a homeowner and you won’t qualify for subsidized housing under HUD. You should have a checklist of documents required for the interview. If you are separated you must show proof and you need proof of your income if that is alimony, child support, and a job. You can get subsidized housing if you are under a certain income level. Everyone pays a third of their income for rent. Are you just putting your application in now, or did your name come up to the top of the waitlist?

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password